Jewellery Care Guide
CARING FOR YOUR JEWELLERY
- Sataara Jewellery is all hand-crafted in our workshops.
- Your jewellery should be stored in a dry place away from humidity, moisture and extreme temperatures.
- Rings and bracelets should be worn cautiously to avoid damage through impact.
- Don´t forget to remove your rings when washing up or showering, as soap particles may become lodged in stone settings and crevices. Soaps can also leave a film over metal and stones, creating a dull appearance.
- Store your jewellery in its own box or pouch to prevent scratching, chipping and entanglement.
- Gentle rubbing with a silver cleaning cloth will restore the original brilliance of the surface.
- Do not use liquid cleaners for carved jewellery as the liquid dries into the engraving.
- If you wear your gold plated jewellery for significant periods of time, the plating will eventually wear down. To restore its appearance, you can have it re-plated.
- Make sure your jewellery is not in regular contact with hard surfaces, which will scratch or wear down the plating or enamelling.
- Never use detergent, soap, toothpaste etc to clean your gold plated jewellery.
- When dressing, jewellery should always be put on last and removed first as make up, cosmetics and perfumes can cause damage to delicate items.
- All stone jewellery requires extra care and consideration during wearing to protect the setting as well as to safeguard the stone it holds.